Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Empties from the month of August!
1. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45
I LOVEEE THIS SUNBLOCK!! I got 2 bottles at Costco for around $10-$11 this summer. I really did enjoy using it! It was super easy to use and doesn't make me feel greasy. Although I went through this bottle rather quickly, it was the FIRST time I finished using up a bottle of sunblock within a year. I'd rather pay the same amount of money for a spray sunblock than the lotion one since I know I'll USE IT, finish it and not waste the product. Usually when I buy sunblock in the lotion form (face or body) it takes me forever to use it up. I like how with the spray form of sunblock, I can apply the sunblock on before I go out in the sun and also reapply because it's so easy and hassle free! This is the ultimate HOLY GRAIL item of this summer! <3
2. St. Ives Apricot Scub
Yayaya! I know what you're thinking. "Oh no! That stuff is bad for your skin!" Well... Maybe for your face.... But I use this for my back acne. Since the skin on my back is thicker, I feel like this really does the trick to scrub all the dead skin off =] I have many backups of this and I usually get them on sale at Target or even at FoodsCo!
3. Acne.org Cleanser
Do I have to say anything more? I've been using this since 2011 and it helps keep my skin clear from pimples! It's super gentle, foams up like a dream and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I've gone through SOO many bottles of these, but it's so affordable and it works! Another HOLY GRAIL item! =]
4. Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo (Scalp Build-Up Control)
I suffer from psoriasis so have to use this kind of shampoo when I wash my hair. It's one of the few things that helps me from scratchy the crap outta my scalp when I'm sleeping at night. It's a staple in my shower and I usually have a backup of this at all time.
5. Summer Eves Cleansing Wash
Well, I buy this occasionally. It contains no soap and it's used to wash down south. I'm MEH about this product. I have bought this a couple of times, only when it was on sale or when I remembered to buy it.
6. Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Spray
My first bottle and it took me AGES to finish! It's a must have in ANYONE's beauty routine! It helps your makeup set and keeps it lasting all day! <3 Ya heard all the raves, so go get you some!
7. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer (in Light?)
OMG. I lovee this concealer for my under eye! It's so creamy and it does the job oh so effortlessly. I took off the sponge part when I first got it because the thought of using it over and over again is freaking gross! It took me over a year to use this product up. Although it comes in a small package, a little goes a long way. Also a tip, after you're done using it, you can twist the cap the opposite side and pop the entire lid off. There's still plenty of products to use and it could even last you up to a week!
8. Trader Joe's JoJoba Oil
This thing took me forever to use too! I got this when I started using my Acne.org regime. I use to add it to my moisturizer for more additional moisture. However, this month I used it as a body moisturizer since I ran out of body lotion. It's a great moisturizer, but just a bit messy and it takes a bit of time for the oil to absorb into your skin (So you'd have to wait a tiny bit before you wear your clothes after you shower).
9. Wen Re Moist Intensive Hair TreatmentDare I say... This isn't that special. Oh. I did say it. There it's out there. The whole Wen hair treatment is kinda a gimmick to me... I bought this Hair Treatment in a kit with the Wen Cleansing Conditioner. I didn't see much of a difference using either products. Kinda disappointed with the amount of moolay I spent on it. I shoulda just gotten the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque for the same price =(
10. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM
I got a small sample of this from my boyfriend's family's place. I needed a night moisturizer that night and this did the trick. It's light, fragrance free, fast absorbing and pretty moisturizing. I like it. I MIGHT buy the full bottle one.... Once I finish using up my other moisturizers. lol. I would however, buy this if I was out of town and didn't have any moisturizer.
11. Crest Pro-Health Clinical Gum Protection Toothpaste - Soothing Smooth Mint
I got this sample at my last dentist appointment. I thought I'd add this in to write a little speal about what I thought about this product. It's iitte. It's not MIND BLOWING I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. It tastes pretty good and I enjoyed it. It doesn't work as amazing as my Sensodyne toothpaste =]
12. SOAP & GLORY Hand Food™ Hand Cream
OK. I didn't really like this. I don't like the smell. I don't think it moisturized that well and I don't like the price. I WILL NOT be buying this anytime in the future. Probably never. And if I get this as a gift one day.... I'd gladly regift it to someone else. (LOL) I prefer my Neutrogena Hand Cream over this (piece of $h!t) any day! =P
WELL, that's my two cents about the products I used up in the month of August. I really do sharing my Empties with others. I feel like I really KNOW how a product preforms and can give legit insight & suggestions on wither or not you should toss your money on a product =]
Till next time!
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
1. Gariner Nutrisse Ultra Color Hair Dye for dark hair in R1: My go to red hair dye. I’ve used like 3 boxes of these this past year. Love itt!
2. SkinMD Natural Shelding Lotion: I like it a lot. It’s fast drying and moisturizing. It’s a good face & body lotion, but it’s not moisturizing for my hands when I have a little bit of enzyme. The only down fall is that I could only buy it online. It’s extremely hard to find it in stores :[
3. Head Shoulders: My go to scalp shampoo. Been using it for years. Used up hella bottles of it this year!
4. Revlon Color Silk Luminista Hair Dye for dark hair in 150 Red: I don’t really like it. It comes off more burgundy thank red -__- I’ll stick with my Gariner one.
5. Simple Facial Wipes It’s been in almost every empties (on my Instagram). That says something….
6. St Ives Skin Renewing Body Lotion Collagen Elastin: It’s ok. Smells ok. I just ran out of body lotion and desperately needed some. I won’t purchase it however, it’s not AMAZING.
7. Suave Natural Mango Mandarin Body Lotion: Once again. I desperately needed it. It smells good, but I won’t go out of my way to pay for it. It is however, comparable to the Bath & Body Works lotion. But a fraction of the price.
8. Essence of Beauty (from CVS) Brush Cleaner: I’ve had this sucker for YEARS!! I mean probably since 2009!! It takes forever to use up (Which isn’t a bad thing) It works and it’s affordable. I’d probably buy another one in the future.
9. Plus White 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel: I’ve used this since I was a kid. It’s affordable and it works ok. I don’t really like the taste, but it does whitening your teeth a bit. I only stopped using it because I lost the teeth tray that came with them =/