Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CVS Haul! {021114}

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog. No worries, I haven't forgotten about this blog, I just started school not that long ago & got sick. LOL SO... My plate was full. None the less, I'm back (for now) and with pictures/ reviews too!!

I didn't plan to go to CVS today, but it was right next to the Trader Joe's where I was planning to buy some groceries from, so I popped in to see what's new. I usually don't expect to buy anything at CVS since everything(in my opinion) is overpriced simply because it's located in San Francisco. ANYHOW, there were a crap load of the yellow stickers that had all the deals. I usually just walk pass them since most of the fine print is something like BUY $12 and get $3 off your purchase. Nope. I'm too cheap to fall for that trick! Especially like I said before, errthang be overpriced in San Francisco! BUT THEN I SAW IT. Buy 1 get one 50% off on top of the new Milani lippie that I was eyeballing. I got excited & ended up grabbing 3 of the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacques.

Here are some swatches of them:

























(SINGLE SWATCH ONLY! SUPER PIGMENTED!)

Here's my little review/ thoughts on these lippies:
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer: Smooth, pigmented, it's like liquid lipstick. It's extremely comfortable on your lips & stains your lips when it wears off. It's not sticky, it starts out glossy looking and as you wear it, it looks more matte. I absolutely adore these lippes! I own of them now!

Milani Power Lip Lasting & Moisturizing Gloss Stain:
My first impression was DAM this thing is tiny! Second was "WTH, it takes forever for the product to come out! Is it empty" It took a while for the products to come out. I had to click well more than 50x to get something out. The color I got is a dusty mauve rose color. It's like a "my lips but better color" I absolutely LOVEE the color! However, the product didn't apply as smoothly on my lips like the Rimmel ones & it's a bit more tacky too (which I don't really mind) It's not as comfortable on the lips compared to the Rimmel one, however I do love the color, so it makes up for that. The one problem I had was the price. I got it for $6.79. I KNOW not breaking the bank or anything, but it only contains 0.09 fl oz/ 2.5 g of product! The Rimmel one has 0.18 fl oz/ 5.5ml for $6.29. You definitely get more bang for your bucks with the Rimmel one! BUT it all worked out since I had a $4 off $20 spent on cosmetics so each lippie were less than $5 a piece including tax.

Overall, I loveeee my purchase! I hope you guys found this swatch/ mini review useful!

BTW; CVS carries NYX products now?!? OMG!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment